Tuesday 23 September 2014

AW; mini beauty haul


I feel I should start off for apologising for my more-than-month-long absence from kittyhearts. Life got in the way; I had a dissertation to finish, a conference to present at & most importantly a holiday to dive into. I'm back now, and so eager to resume blogging, so I thought I'd kick start with a little haul that I bought yesterday.

I have Abbie from abeautifuldelight and Sarah from andbeautyorsomething to blame for my most recent haul. I spotted Abbies haul on her instagram the other day which featured a couple of the Maybelline Color Drama lip pencils, as well as spying Sarahs blogpost featuring the same product... and I just had to get to Boots myself to check them out purchase them. 

As usual, Boots had loads of offers on (Maybelline, L'Oreal and all haircare were all on 3 for 2, along with tonnes of others), so it would have been rude not to...

Bleach London; Reincarnation Mask
I've had a mini-version of this mask before, that came with the Bleach White Toner I used a few months a go, and oh-wow do I love this mask. It really does revive dry-damaged hair like no other, and my hairs been a little neglected the last few weeks so I can't wait to smother it in this stuff and have hair to rival Kate Beckinsale again (I wish). 

Batiste; Nourish & Enrich Dry Shampoo
I'm a big batiste fan, and I love to have a healthy stock of dry shampoo for emergencies, so when I spied the Nourish & Enrich I knew it was a product for me. I've only used it once, but so far so good. It's one that tends to leave a lot of white behind, so use sparingly (or the night-before) on dark hair. 

Charles Worthington; Shine Booster Gloss Spray
Who doesn't love shiny hair? I'm hoping this will make my hair look shiny and lustrous over the colder months as I always suffer with a dullness during AW. I've tried a few things from the Charles Worthington Salon at Home range and have been really impressed so far.

L'Oreal; Glam Bronze
I'm a big lover of the bronzer in the Sleek Contour Kit, but when I saw April from beautiface mention this product in her video I knew I had to get my hands on it. An almost-matte bronzer with quite a lot of product and a promising looking brush. I know a lot of #bbloggers can't stand the brushes that come with most cheek products, I swear by the brushes in the Benefit box blushes and this is a similar-ish shape so will hopefully be perfect for contouring. 

L'Oreal; Lumi Magique Pearl Powder
I fell in love with this powder in the shop. The photograph doesn't, couldn't do justice to the iridescence of this powder, it looks like such a beautiful highlighter and I had massively high hopes for it. Until I got home and read the reviews on the Boots website. Ohhhh, how I wish I'd read the reviews pre-purchase. Apparently the beautiful highlight is just the top layer, and beneath is a disappointing matte powder. Gutted. I'm sure I shall be posting a proper review once I've tried this and gotten to the matte powder underneath. 

L'Oreal; Perfect Match Concealer
Always on the hunt for a great drug store concealer, I decided to try a L'Oreal one. I was initially going to get the Lumi Magique that I've heard a lot about, but after swatching I decided it was too sheer for my liking, and went for the more opaque La Touche Magique instead. I got the shade Natural Beige which on reflection in natural light is a little dark for me. Other than user-error in regards to colour selection, it seems like a good under-eye concealer. 

Maybelline; Color Show Nail Varnish in Sugar Crystals
I have a growing collection of nail varnishes that belong to the 'nude' family. I love them, and somehow I can't stop purchasing ones that are stupidly similar. I do get a lot of wear out of them though, so it's not quite time for a nail-varnish-intervention. I picked up this sheer glitter colour to go over the top of my nudes to make them a little more interesting/glamorous/festive. I want to say it's more of a glimmer than a glitter. Lovely.

Maybelline; Color Drama in Nude Perfection
The whole reason I went into Boots. Sarah had favourably compared them to the Nars lip pencils (which I love!) and they are obviously, considerably cheaper. After wearing this for most of yesterday with a gloss over the top and for most of today alone I can safely say that it's very similar to the Nars pencil but perhaps less drying and easier to blend-in. Really worth a try if you like matte lips. This shade is perfect the naked-lip shade. Love. 

Maybelline: Colour Sensational Shine Gloss in Coffee Kiss
Inspired by how perfect Cheryl Fernandez-Versini has been looking lately, I really wanted to pick up a brown-pink-nude lip shade for the Autumn. I love a brown/gold smokey eye and I find the best lip shades to go with that are the more subtle nudes, and particularly the brown-pink nudes. This gloss is to-die for. Perfect perfect perfect shade for me. I love it! 

That's it for my haul! Have you been feeling spendy lately? Leave your blog-links below so I can look at all your wonderful posts. Love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig