Tuesday 13 May 2014

Cosmopolitan Beauty Blender Review


As you can see from the above picture, I have well and truly used the hell outta my old Cosmo Beauty Blender sponge. The one on the left is one that I've had for around a year and a half, and used probably 80% of that time to apply my foundation. On the days when I didn't use it, I deeply regretted it!

My old sponge has been on it's last legs for a while now so I've been hunting for a new one but every Superdrug I ventured into didn't stock it, and Boots doesn't stock the cosmo line at all! So, I ended up buying it on Amazon, you can get it here too. 

The review
To use, I wet the sponge and ring it out. I then apply my foundation to my skin using my fingers, almost covering my face, but doing a very messy, basic 'covering' of my face with my fingers. I then use the sponge to blend the product in, and get to the spots that I missed.

I do it like this because I find it's the best, most efficient way to do it, with the least product wastage and the most even coverage. It gives a flawless, airbrushed finish and couldn't be simpler to use. I use a 'bouncing' motion rather than a dragging motion.

Comparisons
I've tried a few other makeup sponges that follow this specific style, most notably the Models Own version, and the Real Techniques version. Both of these do not hold a candle to the Cosmopolitan one! I find the RT one is sort of the texture of memory foam, and just doesn't seem to do too much when I try to blend my make up gently, and when I try a little more firmly it seems to take away too much product. I won't even go into the Models Own sponges, awful. 

Findings & Recommendations
Findings and recommendations?? I've clearly been at university too long - to sum up, I seriously recommend you trying this sponge! At only £4.95 it won't break the bank, and it's completely transformed how my foundation looks - it's taken me from patchy, dry and flawed, to dewy, smooth and flawless, with little to no effort!

Love and hugs - leave comments! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig