Sunday 2 February 2014

Beauty // Urban Decay All Nighter

So, I'm a terrible blogger! I'm really on the mission to start blogging more regularly with better content.
Today I'm going to do a short, sort of first impressions review of Urban Decay's makeup setting spray All Nighter.



I've had this setting spray for a few weeks now and it was something I'd wanted to purchase for over a year - so I was really excited when it finally arrived in the post and I could try out it's almighty holding power.

However, after using this over the last few weeks and trying different techniques to do with how close I spray, how much I spray, what primer's I pair it with, sometimes even spraying this on my bare face as a primer and finishing with it as well...

I'm so intensely disappointed with this spray. It's useless. Well, it is for me anyway. I've seen a lot of blog posts and online reviews praising the hell out of this stuff and it's wondrous powers of holding makeup to your face. But for me, it didn't help set my makeup and definitely didn't help it stay all day.

I do wonder if my disappointment with this product is because I've spent many years being very naughty, and using hairspray as a makeup setting spray. This little hairspray trick came from me and my best friend doing the hair & makeup for the school plays during the last few years of school, and is something I've used for nights out and pageants ever since. Hairspray, and in particular extra strength ones hold your makeup on and give it the most perfect smooth finish.. of course it's important to be very very careful when spraying this on your face, always have your eyes and mouth closed and spray from a distance, do not inhale and make sure the area your spraying in is well ventilated. Personally, I'm not going to be repurchasing this spray - and I probably won't even finish the bottle as I find it does absolutely zero for my makeup. Also, hairspray is considerably less expensive than this Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray, which retails at £19.50 for 118ml of product.

If you've tried this product please let me know how you found it.. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig