Tuesday 28 May 2013

Beauty // Sleek Face Form Palette

Sleek Makeup
Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette in Light 373





Ciao Bella, 
I really love this simple face contouring kit from Sleek. It's one of the few powder highlighters I can find on the highstreet (have you found any others/are they any good? I'd love to know!) It also comes with an excellent matte bronzer which is perfect for contouring, and a shimmery blush - the colour of the blush is a little to vibrant for me, but someone more brave than me might love it!

The palette I went for was 'Light' as my skin is quite fair. Another reason I chose this palette was after looking at them in the store I decided that the bronzer looked very similar to my lovely (but far pricier) Benefit Hoola bronzer, which I've always thought looks very similar to Nars Laguna - IMO this is a great dupe for both products! 

The palette retails at £9.99 - what a bargain for three makeup essentials! - and can be found online here or at Superdrug! It comes in four shades; fair, light, medium and dark - although in my opinion fair and light look virtually identical! 



I have swatched the colours on my hand above, as you can see they appear vibrant with good pigmentation! The blush is verging on frosty and the colour is a touch too orange for me (I like a cool pink toned blush) but the highlight and contour are perfect! 



Here I have blende the colours lightly using a fluffy face brush, I went a little heavy with the very pigmented contour as you can see it didn't blend out all too well! Important to remember to use a light hand when using this contour, as it is easy too apply too much and get that much dreaded muddy look. 




I have comparison swatches of Benefit Hoola next to the bronzer from the Sleek palette and I think you can agree that they're very similar in colour, however the sleek one is noticeably more pigmented! I love both of these bronzers and they're makeup essentials for me so both will be repurchased. I tend to go for the Benefit bronzer during the day or for a more subtle look, and the bolder sleek contour for a night time look!


Have you tried this palette? What do you think of it? I'd love to know!

Lots of love
Kitty xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig